World Elephant Day is August 12th — and the illegal ivory trade continues.
Learn more about the elephant situation:
- Chad: Troops Called In, Elephant Slaughter Continues
- Report: Asian, African Countries Failing to Control Illegal Wildlife Trade
- Spain’s King Juan Carlos Ousted from WWF for Elephant Hunting Debacle
- One Ton of Illegal Ivory Confiscated in New York, Dealers Plead Guilty
- Gabon Destroys Over 5 Tons of Ivory in Support of Elephant Protection
- U.S. Senate Hearing: Elephant Killings, Ivory Trade Undermining Global Security